Everyone has a role to play in reducing the spread of disease, including coronaviruses. Actions that can be taken to stay healthy include:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer in the absence of soap and water with at least 60 per cent alcohol.
- Avoid touching your face.
- Avoid contact with people who are sick.
- Practice proper cough and sneeze etiquette. Cover your mouth and nose with your arm when coughing and sneezing and immediately dispose of used tissues in the trash.
- Frequently clean and disinfect high-touch surfaces.
- Stay at home if you are sick. If you are experiencing any of the symptoms of COVID-19 or have had close contact with a known case of COVID-19, please follow Public Health advice and complete the self-assessment tool found below: