Canadian Red Cross, 17 Major's Path, St. John's
Designed for youth ages 9-13
The Stay Safe! program teaches applicable and age-appropriate skills, while increasing and reinforcing a youth’s capacity to improve his or her own safety. Whether in their community or on their own, this group will be given better tools to Stay Safe! in a variety of different situations.
- Importance of responsibility and respect while being accountable for yourself
- Importance of setting and following rules around safety when staying on your own
- How to stay safe at home and within the community
- How to prepare, recognize and respond to unexpected situations, (i.e. inclement weather, strangers, unanticipated visits)
- First Aid includes phoning EMS/911, choking (adult/child/alone), asthma (includes use of inhaler and spacer), anaphylaxis (includes use of EpiPen), poisoning, wound care (i.e. minor cuts and scrapes, splinters, nosebleeds, bumps and bruises, life-threatening bleeding, burns) and more!
Cost: $40 (plus applicable tax)
Take-Home Material: Stay Safe! Workbook